Business

Business

Friday, June 5, 2015

Ted Talk

After watching this episode of Ted Talk, I noticed Tony Fadell used an example of pealing a fruit in the video. The first time you but a fruit, you have trouble pealing the sticker of, but after a few times ripping the sticker off comes easy to you. Eventually, pealing the sticker off is part of the routine for eating your fruit. Another example Tony Fadell used was when people first start driving. When people first start driving, they are so nervous with all of the other cars and pedestrians around, so they have troubling concentrating. After a few weeks of driving, you get used to your surroundings and eventually when your driving its like there not even there. The processes of getting used to something over time is habituation. Another example that Tony Fadell used of habituation is with the comedian Jerry Seinfeld. Jerry Seinfeld notices the little things to make his comedy act funny. People like Tony Fadell, who use habituation, notice the little things too.

One product that I remember that I could have changed for the better was when my little cousin got his first basketball. He was very little and could barely hold the ball, let alone shoot it. If I could have changed that product I would have made the ball smaller. Another example of a product I would change for the better is making trains quieter. I live near the train tracks and me and my neighbors hate the sound when the train pulls into the station. I would make the trains be quieter.

One design of a product that I like is the apple computers. The apple computers are always improving at are getting better. They started off as small computers and have ranged into great products.

4 comments:

  1. Liam your examples were quite similar to mine. I guess great minds think alike! I like how you explained in detail the reasoning for wanting to change the basketball size for your cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with making the basketball smaller for your cousin because it is not as effective if it is not the right size and is more difficult to deal with than beneficial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they should make an appropriate sized toy or sport accessory so that every child can play with something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your thought about trains being quieter.

    ReplyDelete